Make sure to first contact the support volunteers (Settings → Ask a question), in case there is some known routing issue. Also they will tell you the specific target IP.
Telegram needs to investigate connection issues. Here are a few important questions:
- Do other apps work OK?
- What exactly is happening? (always 'connecting…' / always 'updating…' / seems ok, but messages are not sent / not delivered, etc.)
- At what time did it start? Is it still happening?
- Is this happening all the time or sometimes?
- Does this happen with all Telegram apps — or just on one of your devices?
- Does web.telegram.org work?
- The problem happens on Wi-Fi, on mobile connection or in both cases?
It would be helpful if you send your IP address — for the network with the problem and a Traceroute - to Telegram support.
Here's how you can find it:
- Open the browser on the device and go to http://ip.telegram.wiki (you can use any other site that shows your IP as well).
- Copy the large number from the middle of the page and send it to the support team (Telegram Settings → Ask a question).