Exporting your chat conversations as .PDF
Telegram Web (web.telegram.org) together with a web browser which supports printing as .PDF (e.g. Google Chrome), allows you to export your chats.
Did you know that there is less need for backups in Telegram because your chats are stored encrypted in the Telegram Cloud? You can access them from any of your devices anytime. Secret Chats are the only exception to this rule: they are only available on their device of origin and are lost when you log out.
- Open Telegram Web (web.telegram.org) and login
- Mark the conversation (see screenshot)
- Open print dialog box and select 'selection only' (see screenshot)
- Launch Google Chrome on a computer
- Login to web.telegram.org
- Select the Cloud Chat you want to export
- Click on the chat area so you can scroll through the chat history using your keyboard
- Hold down the
HOMEbutton on keyboard to scroll to the beginning of the Chat History (this may take a while for large chats). This step will allow you to easily select all text in Step 8.
- When you reach the beginning of the Chat History, press the
ENDbutton on keyboard to go back to the bottom of the chat.
- Drag your mouse to highlight the most current section of the chat, from bottom to top.
- With the highlighted text starting at the bottom of the chat, press
CONTROL + SHIFT + HOMEbuttons. This will automatically select the rest of the entire Chat History, all the way to the very beginning (due to completion of Step 5).
Right click > Print
- Change Destination to
Save as PDF
Selection only(Background graphics allows displaying emoji)
- Click the
SAVEbutton to export to a PDF file
You will now have a text searchable PDF export of your Cloud Chat History.